Advocacy & Governmental Affairs
Together with the Chamber's Governmental Affairs Committee and regional partners, the Chamber works to defeat bills that are unfriendly to business.
The Governmental Affairs Committee works to keep you updated on the critical issues impacting your business, so you can take action with confidence. Our legislative update contains issue summaries, recommended positions, and a list of supporting and opposing organizations. In addition, we can make introductions to your elected legislators.
If you are interested in joining our Governmental Affairs Committee, please call the Chamber at 203-269-9891.
- Connect to legislative, state, town and demographic resources with our Government Affairs Person
- Attend the Mayor’s and First Selectman’s State of the Town Addresses/free luncheon
- A lobbyist speaking for YOU to Legislators in Hartford, CT.
- Support for your business before local boards
- We represent the business community in problem solving, promoting tourism and economic development
- Legislative Forums – Wallingford and North Haven free of charge
Find a Legislator
Visit the State of CT website
Find your State Representative, Senator, and Congressperson
General Assembly information
How a Bill Becomes a Law